I’m always looking for vegetable recipes that taste great. Well, here’s one! Super easy, super yummy, and super good for you. Awesome!
- About 1 pound carrots
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp natural salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- parchment paper
- Heat oven to 400°. Rinse carrots (peeling is optional – I didn’t peel mine – more work!). Cut the carrots into even sticks that are roughly 4 inches long and about 1/2 inch thick.
- Put carrots into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic and thyme on top. Stir carrots to evenly coat with oil and spices.
- Place carrots on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure carrots are evenly spread and not stacked on top of each other.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Once you can pierce the carrots easily with a fork and there is a slight browning/crisping on the edges, they are done. Remove carrots from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Enjoy!
Adapted from: http://healyeatsreal.com/baked-carrot-fries-paleo-vegan/